Dr. Neil S. Orkin presents, ‘Doing Business Globally: Getting Started’
There are a number of steps that we as individuals must take to thrive in the global economy. The following 10 steps can have a huge impact on the success you have working with global professionals and organizations. Participants in this presentation will learn:
- How to structure your meetings for global participants
- The difference between individualistic and group oriented cultures
- About “The Space Game” and why this concept is key to your success
- Why you need to learn a foreign language and 4 quick steps to learning a language
- How time is treated in different cultures and what you need to know
- How business decisions are made globally
- How risk is treated globally and why this is important to you
- The importance of non-verbal communication
Global Etiquette & Socializing
Learn how to avoid cross-cultural blunders and learn the “rules” of global business. Feel confident doing business globally or with global professionals in North America. Discover how after work socializing is critical to your success.
Developing Global Teams
It has become common for organizations to form teams with members in different countries to develop products and services. This interactive program will allow your professionals to gain an awareness of how to best form strong global teams. Typical program topics have dealt with:
- Intercultural Factors in Communication
- Analysis of Management Behavior in Specific Cultures
- Problem Solving in Global Teams
- Dealing with Conflict
- Development of a Personal Action Plan
How Do Business Professionals Learn Best?
This presentation will give participants the tools to better understand how business people learn. These tools will allow participants to design powerful training programs for all levels of business professionals. Business people have different needs in the classroom and on the job than traditional learners. Learn how to harness these differences into a powerful learning package geared to the business person.